These statistics can help you focus on which social media platforms will be most beneficial for your business. It may be time to analyze your social media focus and make necessary changes – A re-vamp, as we like to call it!
- The Google +1 button is used 5 billion times per day.
- 48 percent of fortune global 100 companies are now on Google+.
- 68 percent of Google+ users are Male, while 32 percent of Google+ users are female.
- Websites using the +1 button generate 3.5x the Google+ visits than sites without the button.
- 40 percent of marketers use Google+, 70 percent want to learn more about it and 67 percent plan on increasing Google+ activities.
- 56 percent of customer tweets to companies are being ignored.
- 32 percent of all Internet users are using Twitter.
- The most followed brand on Twitter is YouTube with 19 million followers.
- 34 percent of marketers have generated leads using Twitter.
- 50 percent of Twitter users are using the social network via mobile.
- 25 percent of users on Facebook don’t bother with any kind of privacy control.
- 23 percent of Facebook’s users check their account 5 or more times daily.
- More than 1 million websites have integrated with Facebook in various ways.
- 80 percent of social media users prefer to connect with brands through Facebook.
- 488 million users regularly use Facebook mobile.
- In August 2012, Instagram hit 80 million users and counting.
- 40 percent of brands have adopted Instagram for marketing.
- Instagram has 432,000 more daily users than Twitter in August 2012.
- Instagram had 1 million downloads in a day when the Android app launched.
- More than 5 million photos are uploaded to Instagram every day.
- BONUS STATISTIC – Instagram was one of the largest acquisition of a venture capital-backed consumer Web company since Zappos was bought by Amazon for $1.22B in 2009.
- 97 percent of the fans of Pinterest’s Facebook page are women.
- 28.1 percent of Pinterest users have an annual household income of $100,000.
- Pinterest pins with prices get 36 percent more likes than those without.
- 69 percent of online consumers who visit Pinterest have found an item they’ve bought or wanted to buy, compared with 40 percent of Facebook users.
- 43 percent of people prefer Pinterest to associate with retailers or brands; 24 percent chose Facebook.
If you find you need to start an account on a new site, please read our blog 5 Steps for Creating an Effective Website or Social Media Site. Here is an excerpt from the post:
Here are five steps to get you on the path to creating an effective website or social media site:
- COMMITMENT – Creating and maintaining an effective site is going to take commitment, effort and time. If you are not willing to commit, then your site is going to be like a neglected plant – shriveled and dead!
- PLANNING – You are willing to commit, good for you! Now you need to plan out what you want from your site What is the goal of the site? Who is your target audience? What content do you intend to offer?
- DESIGN – What feel do you want your site to have? Warm-n-Fuzzy? Modern? Fun? Serious? There are many options and it is best to stick to ONE!
- CONTENT – Quality content can help increase your page rankings. Search engines are looking for the best information to provide in their search results. A site filled with photos and graphics but little text (content) will be overlooked by search engines. Make sure you use words and phrases that are relevant to your site.
- MAINTENANCE – Maintain your site! Update your site! Take care of your site! Take down irrelevant material, proofread new and old content, update with your latest news, information, thoughts! Having and effective site means the work is never done. Keep at it, be diligent!
For the latest Search Engine Optimization and Social Media Optimization news, follow our blog!
Follow The Site Vamp’s Blogs Subscribe in a reader