When hashtags (#) first appeared, we thought they’d just be a trend. Instead, they’ve proven to be one of the most powerful tools of the social media age.
As you probably know, a hashtag is text immediately preceded by a pound sign (#centerlyne) that turns a word or phrase into a searchable link. When used in social media posts, hashtags enable the organization of online content and discussion threads.
Whether you’re an individual, a small business, or a large corporation, you should be using the power of hashtags to your advantage. Relevant hashtags can help drive brand recognition, increase the reach of an advertising campaign, and positively impact customer loyalty.
- Use the hashtag symbol (#) before a word or phrase in a post to help the post show up in searches on all social media platforms.
- Hashtags can be placed anywhere in a post.
- The number of hashtags is dependent on the social media platform.
- Hashtags help categorize and filter your post to a desired audience.
Tips for Hashtagging Success
- Choose a hashtag that is both easy to remember and extremely clear.
- Choose just one hashtag to speak for your brand (#centerlyne) and strengthen consumer awareness of that specific tag.
- Make sure the hashtags you use are relevant to you content.
- Don’t overuse hashtags in a single post. Using too many hashtags decreases their impact. This can cost you followers and harm your brand’s social media reputation.
- Increase use of your hashtag by placing it in a well-trafficked public location or somewhere that will be seen on TV, in social media ads, or in pictures.
Now that you know a bit about hashtags, try them out in your social media posts and let us know how they impact your brand’s growth!